There are a many ways to improve your own organization on campus, but there are 3 big steps you can take upon yourself to get great PR for your club!
1. Social Media
- Twitter, Facebook and other social media networks are one of the best ways to display what your organization is doing on campus.
- Have a group SOLELY for PR for your organization to focus on promoting the club. This will diversify your club with new members, bringing different ideas to the table (especially if you are in a business or engineering fraternity, it’s beneficial to have all types of majors).
- Duties of the PR group would include; posting pictures, updating statuses to make them relevant, inviting people to like the pages, etc.
2. Getting out of your Comfort Zone
- Do NOT just attend career fairs to get new members, not every student goes to those!
- Ask professors to speak for a couple minutes in their student classes about your organization. This has a big impact on the student because it shows you care.
- Make an advertisement for you organization and put it on the local school television channel and upload it. That way you can post it and share it from YouTube as well!
3. Old Fashioned PR
- FLYERS never get old.
- Rent a table inside your schools “student center” and let the people see you and hear what your organization has to offer!
These are just a few starter tips to gaining followers and members for your own organization. What other PR strategies have your favorite organizations taken to improve/gain members?