As sophomores and juniors in college, everyone tries to get an internship that’s their dream job. Typically, most students won’t get it until later in their college career. Here are five simple ways for you to come off as more professional:
- Email Signature – should be 4-6 lines, simple and include 3 necessary things: name, phone number and email
- Clean, easy to read resume – single line descriptions of experiences and positions, leave white space and tell the best story for the position
- Resume = personal brand – make sure your resume genuinely reflects your personal brand
- Business Cards – cheap, match personal brand, coherent with resume look
- Clear/concise writing – don’t make your resume wordy, it dilutes the main points you’re trying to convey and it wastes their time dissecting it
These tips have helped me develop into a young professional. When done well, you’ll be able to see the benefits of these tips and your hard work. Good luck on your internship/job hunt!