Advertising Week is the annual gathering of marketing and communications leaders from all different companies. People from all around the world meet up in New York City for a week of seminars, workshops, and other events that relate to advertising. Just like Fashion Week, fresh new trends are announced that impact the entire industry.
There are many entertaining activities for attendees such as contests, guest speakers, short films, and even concerts.
Each year, the executive board of “The Week” announces the new members of the Madison Avenue Walk of Fame. This years lucky winners were: the Morton Salt Girl (celebrating her 100th anniversary), Smokey the Bear (celebrating his 70th anniversary), and Snuggle Bear from Snuggle Fabric Softener (celebrating his 30th anniversary).
“The Week” consists of many hands on opportunities. The 6th annual Big Ad Gig was a huge success. Five men and women presented their ideas to the industry judges and Advertising Council who awarded them with paid, 30-day freelance agencies posts.
Here are some FACTS & FIGURES about Advertising Week:
· Advertising Week began in 2004.
· Over 90,000 advertising junkies attended this year
· This year it was held from September 29th to October 3rd.
· There were 250+ events and 190+ seminars and workshops held by the industry’s most prominent leaders
· The second annual Advertising Week in Europe will be held in March 2015
Feel free to check out the official website here: www.advertisingweek.com