By: Erin Antonelli
1. He is the director of media relations for the Cincinnati Reds – Butcher is one of the most respected men in his field, winning the MLB’s Robert O. Fishel Award in 2006 for public relations excellence.
2. He is an Ohio native – Originally from Ohio, Butcher attended the University of Dayton. After spending some time in New York, Butcher returned to Ohio in 1997 to work with the Cincinnati Reds.
3. He was a college athlete – Not only is Butcher a sports fan, but he was also an athlete. He played baseball during his collegiate years at the University of Dayton.
4. He’s been to the World Series 16 times (and counting) – Not only has he been to 16 of baseball’s biggest games, but you call also find Butcher at the All-Star Game and even the World Baseball Classics qualifier game held in Taiwan.
5. He often serves as the spokesperson for the Cincinnati Reds – Butcher often makes announcements or statements on behalf of the team. In a blog post he wrote for the blog “Better off Red” he said that getting the information out there as fast as he can be a large part of his job.
PRSSA is bringing Rob Butcher to speak with Miami University students about his position with the Cincinnati Reds and his journey to get there. See him speak on Monday, November 16, at 7pm in room 3056A of the Armstrong Student Center.