With Halloween coming up, people (especially college students) get excited to show off their costumes they’ve been planning for weeks. But, planning this costume can be difficult just like a public relations campaign. You must create a good pitch for your costume. Some of public relations main components are society, audience, communication, news, media, social, and advertising. I’m going to use these tactics as in example for Halloween.
- Society: This Halloween as a PR tactic for your costume most of society is expected to have the best costume and you must live up to these expectations. In the PR world you are expected by your society to be a great PR firm.
- Audience: Your audience is carefully awaiting to see what each person is going to be. Your audience awaits your professional opinion in PR.
- Communication: You must communicate to your peers of what your costume is. When in public relations, communication is key among your colleagues and expressing what your message is.
- News: You want your costume to be huge news around campus and make a statement. In the PR world, you want to make your campaign public and newsworthy.
- Media: Obviously, you will post your costume on social media. The media must absorb your PR tactics as well.
- Social: You must be social and go show off your costume. You cannot be shy in public relations, get out there and communicate.
- Advertising: Lastly, advertise your costume all around the Halloween party and show it off in a positive light. Public Relations needs advertising to create a favorable image.
PITCH OR TREAT!