By: Allison Haworth
As rising seniors are job searching to enter the workforce, it is imperative to be knowledgeable in multiple types of media platforms to put you ahead of the competition. In my last internship, I used all five of these tools ranging from email, social media and sale pipelines, which gave me a jump on the latest trends in the PR world.
1. Hootsuite: Hootsuite is a social media management platform in which you can link all of your social media accounts to one dashboard, rather than sending out the same tweet 10 times on different social medias. Now more than ever, being able to manage a business’s social media presence is a challenging task in itself, but this platform allows you to auto-schedule, draft and reply to any message on social media in one place.
2. Constant Contact: Constant Contact is an email-marketing tool that allows you to create campaigns, polls, emails, newsletters, events and much more. With email being one of the main methods of communication nowadays, it is very likely that your future employer utilizes this tool day in and day out of the office.
3. Hubspot: Hubspot is software that is very useful for inbound marketing and sales. While it has many functions, one of the most important features is tracking your marketing and sales pipeline from certain clients. Being able to create leads to your contact list is a sure sign of an increase profit for your future company!
4. Weebly: Weebly is a website builder that allows you to drag and drop pieces of your website to create content. With many different themes, tools, media and pages to choose from, it is a very useful skill to have as everything is being digitized in today’s world. Being very user-friendly, in my opinion, it is one of the best ways to attract visitors to your webpage.
5. Google Drive: Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service that allows you to keep all your documents in the cloud. While there are numerous amounts of apps, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Forms are my most popular apps. With the ability to share files with an infinite amount of people, this allows the document to be updated to the most recent file automatically after anyone who has access makes a change.