We all know that fine line between business casual and professional; practically every speech in college has this dress-up component. How do you decide what to wear? Is this appropriate? Here are some basic tips to take some of the stress out of dressing up!
1. Neatness- You can automatically up your game with making sure your clothes are well taken care of. Always make sure your outfits are firmly pressed or ironed so that there are no wrinkles in sight!
2. Dress appropriately for the weather- If you are uncomfortable, your audience will be uncomfortable.
3. Perfumes and colognes should be kept to a minimum.
1. Long sleeves are generally considered dressier than short sleeves, and long sleeves are appropriate for all seasons.
2. Ties are NOT necessary for business casual but a must for professional.
3. Always wear dark socks that go halfway up your calf. This way no skin can be seen when you sit down.
4. Leather or dress shoes are a must for all business situations.
5. Keep all facial hair professionally groomed.
1. If you think it might be a little short, it’s too short.
2. Pants are acceptable for all business situations.
3. As for tops, keeping it covered is the best rule of thumb.
4. Keep makeup light and natural. Use it to enhance your own natural beauty.
5. Panty hose are no longer a necessity, but they are still recommended if your skirt is knee length or shorter.