When studying and working in the PR field, it is extremely important to stay informed and up to date on what is going on in the industry. While PRSSA and PRSA blogs are a great place to start, there are so many others out there with the potential to inform you on things that could impact your future career. Here are the five blogs that I regularly read:
- The Skimm: This blog is not directly related to PR, but takes major stories from all around the world ranging from business, politics, world issues, and popular culture, and condenses them down to a quick and easy newsletter. The Skimm is emailed to me every day and is the first thing I read in the morning.
- PRsay: This blog is full of resources for any PR student. Posts are authored by public relations professionals, ranging on topics from news, current issues, leadership, effective strategies and much more.
- PR in your Pajamas: The purpose of this blog is to help educate people in the marketing, entrepreneurship, small business, and public relations fields. Blog posts consist of successful career advice, social media news and more.
- Spin Sucks: This blogs purpose is for professional development for PR and marketing professionals. The blog provides posts with insight on social media, communication, entrepreneurship, and marketing.
- PR Couture: This blog focuses on public relations in the fashion industry. Here you can find articles on industry news, PR strategy, digital marketing, career guidance, and inspiration. While this blog might not be for everyone, I hope to have a career in fashion, so it is personally helpful.